An award-winning journalist, Lynn writes about pop culture, gender, politics, relationships, religion, parenting, and disability, sometimes all at once. She is a veteran features writer for Glamour and a longtime contributing writer at Salon.com, where she was a founding member of the Broadsheet blogging team.
Her work has also appeared in The New York Times, TheNation.com, New York Magazine, NPR.org, The Washington Post, and many more. She wrote the “Rabbi’s Wife” column for the former Nextbook.org, from experience. She is also the dating advice columnist for MSN.com.
* New York Times Magazine, “Lives”: I Was A Tonya Harding Look-Alike
* Salon.com: Female Genital Mutilation in the U.S.: No Compromise
* Babble.com: Raising Girls in Princess Culture
* Alternet: Is Our Sexed-Up Society Creating Prosti-tots?
* Salon.com: Late Night’s Real Problem
* Salon.com: Everybody Hates Mommy
* NPR.org: Bottle or Breast: Which is Best?”
* Tabletmag.com: Up Against the Man
* Glamour: Infertile In A Baby-Crazed World
* The New York Times: In Gaming as in Life, The Undersold Female
* New York Magazine: The Reproducers
* The Simon: A Shire of Her Own
* Salon.com: MTV’s Shockingly Good Abortion Special
* The Nation: When Teen Pregnancy Is No Accident
* Alternet: When Partner Abuse is a Pregnant Belly
* Salon.com: The Details of Your Abortion Online?
* Salon.com: 10 Reasons Abortion Must Be Covered
* The New York Times: Criminals, Like Me
* Salon.com: Clump of Cells, or “Microscopic American?”
* Salon.com: Shelter from the Storm
* Nerve.com: Who are the Feminists For Life?
* Nerve.com: Pro-Abortion, Anti-“Choice”
* Nerve.com: Let Them Get Cancer
* Salon.com: Who You Calling a ‘Midget'”
* Salon.com: Is It All Right To Say The Word “Retarded?”
* Glamour: They’re Autistic–And They’re In Love (Recipient of a 2010 Mental Health America award for excellence in media)
* Nerve.com: A Few Good Eggs
* Salon.com/The Guardian: Forgotten Casualties
Health and Psychology
* Glamour: They’re Autistic, and They’re in Love (Winner of a Mental Health America Media Award); Could You Get Hooked On These Pills? (PDF) (Winner of a Newswomen’s Club of New York Front Page Award)
* Salon.com: Asexual and Proud!
* Salon.com: “My Heart is Back”
* Tablet: Rabbis in Recession
* Babble.com: Expect the Worst (“Notes from the Underbelly”)
* The New York Times: On the Roof, a Weaning from Weeding
* Salon.com: Smart Parent Tricks